Powered by Blogger

Thursday, October 11

Shi Ling Taiwan Snack - 1Utama

This had been one of my favourite Taiwan snack stall in many years. I can’t really remembered when was the first time I tried it but it does leave a really good impression in me. Where is the place you asked? The place is called Shi Ling in 1Utama, Old Wing. Around TGV cinema. Normally u can see a long queue starting from this half a store stall.

OK, back to the menu. They served 4 main dishes over there. The most famous is their Crispy Fried Chicken. The second is the all time favourite, Oyster Mee Sua a.k.a O Wa Mee Sua. The other is their Fried Tempura and also Chicken Floss Roll. For drinks they only served mineral water and Soy bean in a bottle. All the food cost exactly RM 5.50 and the drinks RM 2.00 per bottle. The fried chicken is not the normal fried chicken that we all eat at our local pasar malam. The most common one is the Uncle Bob Fried Chicken. Physically it looked the same but once you had a bit in it, it taste totally different. It’s spicy and also a bit sticky. I can’t explained it though but it's just different. It felt like a bit sticky and not the normal flour that we all used. Don't get me wrong, there is still flour in the chicken.
Than the Oyster Mee Sua. What so special you asked? Well for one, the mee sua can be cooked the whole day and still taste so good and soft. This is because their Mee Sua is imported from Taiwan and not the normal Mee Sua that we all eat at home. Where the mee will go all goes once it’s over-cooked. The gravy is just nice with a bit spice from the chilly paste that they put in by your request.

The fried tempura is also nice as it is all well fresh prepared. You can still taste the fish taste in it I guess. But it’s just OK for me. As for the rolls. I can’t say much as I haven’t tried it out. But from my source, it’s really nice too. Maybe some of you can try it out and let me know. (Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0)

0 Octopus:

Related Posts with Thumbnails