Powered by Blogger

Sunday, July 13

Kum Kee Chicken Rice Shop - Happy Garden

While sending my cute niece, Chloe back to her nanny's house in Happy Garden, I decided to had my lunch over there. It's actually one of the stall from Kedai Kopi & Makanan Mooi Mooi. The place is famous for their Chicken Rice. It's located opposite the Four Face of Buddha Temple in Happy Garden. For those who know Happy Garden well, they should have heard of this temple before. The place that I am talking about is called Kum Kee Chicken Rice. The place is also famous for their Char Siew and also Siew Yuk. On normal day, you can see a long line around lunch hour waiting for their Chicken. Luckily it was around 2pm when I arrived and there wasn't much people already.

So I had ordered Char Siew and also Roasted Chicken for 4 pax. I am not sure if it's because they were about to close or what, but they did gave me a large portion. As you can see, their Char Siew was really thick and juicy. There were fats and also slightly over roast on the pork. Just the way a good Char Siew should be. As for the Chicken, it's juicy and there was this roasted scent that I can't quite explained. But it's really nice.

The Siew Yuk's portion was really large. How do I define a good Siew Yuk? Well firstly, the upper skin must be crispy. Secondly, the pork should be a mixture of fat and non-fat pork. Thirdly, the pork should always be juicy and not dry. This is the three main combination for a good Siew Yuk for me. As we don't really count on any sauce for Siew Yuk, so the pork itself plays an important part. Before I left, as usual I was snapping some picture of the stall when the owner. Kit asked if I wanted a business card. Cool~! First time someone asked me that. Maybe it's not the first time somebody took picture of their stall and he knows that I am one of those floggers around. The whole meal cost RM40. (Rating : 4.0 out of 5.0)

7 Octopus:

Anonymous said...

K-bear, you see ah...BO eat so many meat...make sure tonight kill him ya

BaBy OcTopUs said...

haha~ funny ... usual weight us enuff for me. but i am not sure if i cud make it or not also la .. hehe~!

Anonymous said...

finally we all skip her class

BaBy OcTopUs said...

ya lo~! sure she kill us on Friday class .. haha~ but nowdays not much mood to do BP already la .. lazy ...sigh~!

Anonymous said...

Lazy? Tsk Tsk Tsk...

May the "meats" and "fats" stay around your waist line..

LOL

Anonymous said...

Yiak.. so bad one this K-bear, cursed ppl like that. Haha!!

BaBy OcTopUs said...

haha~ nvm la~ I also know the fats and meats are gathering slowly.

need to get back to my usual routine once i shifted back home in PJ. cause now I need to rush for classes and that doesn't help a bit on my mood. sigh~!

Related Posts with Thumbnails