Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, August 19

Sushi Groove - 1Utama

Was having a late lunch on Sunday with Romiko and finally she decided to eat at this place called Sushi Groove. I heard from MD that the place wasn't that nice. But then again, LP did said the place was quite alright. Well I put my money on my bro anytime. haha~! Anyway, since she'd insisted to dine here. What the heck. When we entered the place, it was quiet and we're the second customer in the whole restaurant. Not a good sign. Decoration was a bit old but still OK.

So we browse through the menu and saw the sushi was quite pricey for the combination type. So we had decided to ordered two separate ala-carte meals and one sushi roll. For myself I had ordered the Crispy Ginger Chicken on Rice. It's actually Tori Karage with Syogayaki Sauce. Well it's alright but the rice is a bit soft and too dry. Chicken was nice. But nothing Groovy bout it anyway. (RM14.90)Romiko had ordered their Yakiniku Bibimbab. Basically it's Japanese rice with beef, egg, paprika and cooked on hot nabe bowl with yakiniku sauce. The waitress came over and mixed the whole stuff together and the dish becomes a bit unappetizing. But well maybe the taste is good, right? Damn we're wrong. Romiko almost went to the ladies to vomit the whole meal off. Yes, it was that bad. (RM16.90)
The sushi roll which they recommended was called Hattori Hanzo Roll. It's chicken katsu (again) with a touch of cream cheese in spicy sauce. Need to emphasized again it's SPICY. So how they make it spicy, you asked? Extra Wasabi? NO! They put chilly sauce on it. Yes, you heard me right. My first time eating sushi with chilly sauce. Got a feeling this was a bad meal already to this extend. (RM8.90)

So what can I say? It's not gonna be my recommendation list for sure. Well maybe I would just warn my friends from a bad dinner at this place anyway. I am not sure bout the rest of the food. But from the three dishes which we had just tried, well let's just say, it's not the best I had. (Rating: 3.0 out of 5.0)

8 Octopus:

Anonymous said...

haiyooooo

U guys ordered the wrong things la....

next time try the I Love Unagi, Baby Dragon Roll k...

I do haf to admit, it's quite pricey the food there.

Also find that the outlet in Pyramid is WAYYYYYYYY better...

LGM

BaBy OcTopUs said...

Is it? Well I don't will be going to the place anytime soon. Since my girl got a phobia of their food already .. haha~!

Anonymous said...

better go Sushi Zanmai ;p

BaBy OcTopUs said...

Yup~! Sushi Zanmai definitely better. Although it's nothing spectacular, but at least it's better than this. haha~!

Anonymous said...

shud get Daisho to pay me commission... hahahahahah

BaBy OcTopUs said...

kaka~ spoke person fees ar?

Anonymous said...

wah ~~~~~~~~~
(Rating: 3.0 out of 5.0)????
i don think so, u put too high score for this restaurant >.<

the others more delicious than this , u also just put 3.5 score.... = ="blur

BaBy OcTopUs said...

haha~ cause my crispy chicken was quite nice ma dear. ur bowl of rice sux a lot la~

but thn again LGM said Sunway branch is better ma. So must save a bit of rating la~ haha~!

Related Posts with Thumbnails