Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, December 16

Restaurant Meng Kee Char Siew

Should have blog bout this place for quite some time but didn't have much chance to do so. Wasn't my first visit here but it's been a while. Finally my friend agreed to accompany me to have lunch at Meng Kee. Her office was really near but she's not into Char Siew. Arrived early around 12 and managed to get a table with ease.

Ordered a small portion of steamed bean sprout. One major problem, they add oyster sauce on it. It was supposed to be steamed so just let the bean be. I was really feeling disgusted with the bean sprout at the end as it was too oily.

Thought of trying out their chicken while I'm at it. Chicken wasn't that bad but again it's too oily. Don't misunderstand. I do like it juicy but this is too much oil for me.

This is the main dish which I save for last. Their famous Char Siew. I had also ordered some Siew Cheong to go with it. Siew Cheong was a bit dry and the taste was a bit plain. But add a bit of chicken oil on it and it's all good. Char Siew was fresh and juciy. Sweet as they garnished it with a lot of honey. A bit too fattening for me, even though I like my Char Siew with a bit of fat. Texture was good but not enough taste I guess. It's not as tasty as Tian Hong Char Siew. And need I mentioned again, way too oily.

Overall it was an above average lunch but I was left feeling like I had drank a bowl of oil during the whole session (if you get what I mean). I still prefer Tian Hong's Char Siew any day. And still my No.1 Char Siew stall in KL. The whole meal cost me RM 27 inclusive of two herbal teas. (Rating: 4.o out of 5.0)

Address: No.20 (Grd Floor) Jalan Pekedai,
U1/36 Hicom Glenmarie Industrial Park,
40150 Shah Alam, Selangor.

The other branch is located at
No. 13, Tengkat Tong Shin, 50200 Kuala Lumpur

0 Octopus:

Related Posts with Thumbnails