Powered by Blogger

Monday, May 4

Jalan Macalister @ Penang Island

The last stop for my makan trip up North would be the famous night spot along Jalan Macalister. I was afraid that no one would believe the name of the street so here it is, Lorong Baru.

It was raining when we arrived that night. So it was a bit troublesome to walk around holding our umbrella while checking up all the stalls. So what did I ordered that night? What else?

Lobak. I will not miss a chance on ordering this. Well actually my friend ordered this so I just wallop only. Not bad.

Found one of the stall selling Fried Oyster. Good news, oyster is large and a lot. But still a bit too starchy for me. But it's juicy and fresh though.

This is the Char Keuy Kak from the same stall as the Fried Oyster. I am not into this but according to my friends, it's damn good. They even ordered another two plates after the first.

This would be my forth and last plate of Char Kuey Teow in town. What is the different you ask. Well this time around, I had ordered Char Kuey Teow with Duck Egg. What's the different in taste? Nothing much. Just another plate of Char Kuey Teow. And I was hoping for something special. Disappointed again.

Actually we didn't just ordered fried chicken wings and liver, but Fried Chicken Skin but I didn't snap a picture of it. Couldn't resist not ordering this dish as I didn't see anyone selling it in KL. Not too bad if you like to eat those skins on KFC.

According to my friend, Macalister sells the best Fried Intestine Satey in town. Yes, this is definitely better than the first we had at Gurney Drive. We even managed to con a friend of ours to have one saying that it's chicken meat. Damn that was one funny sight.

6 Octopus:

md said...

lolz..

till now, she didnt know it was the intestine satey..

she is blur x 100!!

hahahahahahahahaha...

BaBy OcTopUs said...

ya la, really ten prawn, ten prawn .. .haha! but it's really funny when she said it's very squishy and soft. I thought that she would find out but she just take another stick and finish it off. LOL!!

Tony said...

i heard the food isn't as nice as it used to be, is it?

BaBy OcTopUs said...

well if you tried their food before few years back, maybe it has deteriorated but if it's your first time, you might even like it.

anyway, we can find many good food in KL nowadays. that is what i can say :)

thanks for the comment

Tony said...

I see, cause I thought of going to Penang with my family for the holiday, thought of trying the places you recommend. Thanks again for all the good reviews.

BaBy OcTopUs said...

your very welcome and thanks for reading my posts too. :)

hope you and your family have a lot of fun on your trip.

Related Posts with Thumbnails