Powered by Blogger

Saturday, January 31

La Bodega @ BSC

This is my first visit to La Bodega at Bangsar. My last visit was 5 years ago at Changkat Bkt. Bintang. What I remembered from my last visit was their Paella or Spanish rice. It was a Saturday afternoon and we were supposed to have our dim sum at The Ming Room but it was fully booked and so is the new Grand Imperial. So we ended up here.

Ordered Earl Grey for myself and black coffee for my friend.

I can't find myself pasta with Cabonara sauce so settled in with Linguini Alfredo. I think it's close enough to try out their pasta for me. It's served with turkey ham & mushroom. A bit too sweet for me, strangely. Creamy and just alright. Nothing much to brag about. Small portion for RM18 where as RM24 for a large.

This is the Paella Valenciana Mixta or Spanish rice cooked with prawns, chicken, mussels and clams in a paella with saffron, peppers and peas. Basically it's like seafood mix with Spanish rice. The dish is minimum for two person per serving. And it takes 30mins to be serve. So don't order this if you're really hungry or in a hurry. It's a bit too watery for me and taste wise it's something fresh and new for the taste bud. RM30/person

The whole session wasn't that bad and it's a nice place to laid back and relax with friends. Food is moderate but justifiable I guess. Service is prompt and nice. One thing I don't really comfortable with was their utensils. It's a bit old and there were stains here and there. A bit disgusted when I saw the spade for the rice. I think it's better if someone tell them this as not just the quality of the food is important but the medium which they served it in too is important. (Rating: 3.5 out of 5.0)

0 Octopus:

Related Posts with Thumbnails