Powered by Blogger

Saturday, March 29

Fong Lye Taiwan Restaurant @ The Garden

Continuing from where I left off. So we were looking for a place to eat. This restaurant called Fong Lye catched my eye. Taiwan Restaurant. Why not? So off we went to the restaurant. It was around 80% full when I arrive that time. So I browse through the menu and look at the food.


I had ordered the Hot Oolong + Chrysanthemum which is nice and it's refillable. D'oh~!!

For the starter I had ordered the Taiwanese Glutinous Rice Sausage which is very famous as a snack in Taiwan. The sausage was nice and the rice was also delicious. But make sure u finish it as soon as it arrive as the glutinous rice gets cold and not that tasty anymore.

Romiko had ordered the Taiwanese Braised Beef Noodle. The set includes the main dish which is braised beef in noodle, side dishes includes some sort of salty veges to increase the appetite. And the middle one is the fried potato with stuffed pork inside. I think. haha~! The dish is really nice as the noodle is slightly spicy as they had added lil bit of curry oil in it. Nice~!

This is what the noodle looks like from close up~!

This is what I had ordered, Taiwanese 3 Variety Supreme Diced Chicken. The dish comes with the same side dishes but the rice is added with Diced Chicken and also a vegetarian soup. I didn't drink it as I don't really into it. So Romiko finished it for me. hehe~! But the gravy from the hot plate was very nice. That is why they called it Supreme maybe. hehe~! Highly recommended.

This is what the rice with the diced chicken looks like from close up. The rice is Japanese rice as it's all bit by bit and not mashed up like our local rice. Sweet~!!
This is the Supreme Chicken main dish. The chicken is cooked in thick sauce with ginger and parsley. This is the the best part of the meal. hehe~!
This is the vegetable soup that I mentioned. You can't really see the veges but it's in there. Trust me~!

The meal was really filling. I can't finish it so Romiko ended up finishing both our meal. haha~! The table were rather small for the big plates that they gave to us. The service was good. U can always see people walking around and u can call them over for some extra rice or refill on ur tea. The deco was definitely nice and comfy. So what is the damage?

Well it's not that expensive. Quite OK for me. Will definitely return for another visit. (Rating : 3.7 out of 5.0)

0 Octopus:

Related Posts with Thumbnails