Powered by Blogger

Thursday, December 11

Maredo's Argentina Steakhouse

It was my first time trying out an Argentinians cuisine. What better way but going with some old friends. So the place is called Maredo's Argentina Steakhouse. It's located just next to Modesto.

You can't miss it as there's a big black & red cow outside the restaurant. The tag in front of the cow read, "I May Be Big But I Am Fragile. Please Do Not Sit. You Damage, You Pay RM6000 (just so you were wondering).

The place wasn't that packed when we arrived around half pass twelve. But almost half of the restaurant was filled. We were all there to try out their Set Lunch. I heard there's a lot of choices to pick from.

The set lunch comes with an unlimited salad bar which consists of potato salads, cucumber, tomato, lettuce. penne pasta and more. But the main attraction was their sauce. And one worth mentioning is called Chimichurri.

This is the salad with the Chimichurri sauce at the side. It served as a starter before the main course. Just nice but try not to eat too much as we can't finish the dish later on.

We had ordered two sets of their appetizer. Their famous appetizer over here is called Mix Crunch Platter. As the name goes it consists of mussel fritter with habanero, mayo crispy prawns with roast garlic mayo, crispy onion rings and mushroom, fritter seared scallop with balsamic oil, boursin crostinni and bouquet lettuce. The size is best served for two. The crispy mushroom was really nice and so is the mussels.

And we also ordered their crispy calamari with almond coating. This is one filling dish. As frying the calamari wasn't enough, they added almond to it. But I still prefer my calamari plain with lots of mayo for dipping.

Their main dish (Set Lunch) can be divided into 4 group. Chicken, Pasta, Fish & Steak. I choose a 220gm steak with sauteed onion, tomato, chimichurri and fries. I had ordered medium raw and luckily they got it right. The steak was really tender and the chimichurri sauce really sips into the steak. Plus I like onions a lot. So this is a perfect dish for me. Trust me, the steak was really thick.

My friend had ordered their roasted honey mustard chicken breast with mash potato and pumpkin, sundry tomato puree. One thing I learn from all my visit to steak house restaurant. Never ever order their chicken. They are called steak house for a reason. The chicken was really plain and you can't really taste much of the sauce in the chicken.

Last but not least, a 220gm steak with mustard rub, panfry egg, streaky beef and mash potato. OK, the first thing that hit me when I saw the set was, breakfast. Egg plus potato with a steak in between. Don't let the looks fool you as the set was really filling. My friend ordered medium and this was even better than mine. You can still see a bit of red but not obvious when you cut through the steak. Recommended if you are a steak lover.

The set lunch comes with a drink too (ice lemon tea or soft drink). The set lunch is available from Monday to Friday from 12noon up to 3pm. Other than these, they do served wines and other type of Argentina steaks. If it wasn't for my friends recommendation, I wouldn't even consider trying the place out. But it was a real treat for the 6 of us. The whole meal cost us RM203 which is RM70/couple. By the way, the set lunch cost RM28++. For me it's a well worth lunch and we're all full and satisfied. Definitely a return. Rating: 4.0 put of 5.0

0 Octopus:

Related Posts with Thumbnails