Powered by Blogger

Thursday, March 6

Lorong Selamat Char Kuey Teow @ USJ 11

This is one of the best Char Keuy Teow that I had in KL. Well the name says by itself I guess. For Penang people or Char Kuey Teow lovers u should know Lorong Selamat. It's a street name in Penang which is famous for their Char Kuey Teow. The couple (old folks) came from Penang and u can talk Hokkien with them if u know. But Mandarin and Cantonese is OK too. So this morning I went over with my bro, Robin to have breakfast as his car was sent to Honda service centre nearby. It our usual place for breakfast i guess. hehe~! So upon arrival, I straight away ordered one plate of Char Kuey Teow with Mee without Cockle and Bean Sprout. haha~ I know, I Know. My fren told me that is not the way to eat Char Kuey Teow but I don't really fancy cockle and tau geh that much. And definitely not kuey teow only. By gosh No~ haha~
The mee is prepared on top of a banana leave like in Penang. Ok, let's get into the details now. They have 2 big prawns. They also add some crispy lard which I love a lot ... : P And some slices of Chinese Sausage on top. This is onli available if u eat Penang style char kuey teow according to my Penang frens. hehe~ The way she cooked the mee almost to perfection. The distribution of eggs on each mee is just right. U can see some eggs on almost each mee that u eat. That is not simple. Mostly we will see people messing up the eggs and come out the char keuy teow looks like a piece of wet mee mix all together with some other stuff. Yukk~!!!
Btw, u can see the uncle puffing in the black pepper onto the mee with such passion and concentration. It's like an "art" to him. haha~ No laughing matter. You can go and see if you want. But I highly recommended to those who like Char Kuey Teow.. two thumbs up~! (Rating : 4.0 out of 5.0)

2 Octopus:

Shannon said...

Which part of USJ 11 is this? Coffee Shop ?
Is it around Chatter's Cafe?

BaBy OcTopUs said...

It's the one behind the Petronas Station. Now the same row with the 7-11 but the other row behind it. It's an end lot facing the houses there.

The Hainan Chicken Rice is quite nice also.

Related Posts with Thumbnails