Powered by Blogger

Friday, August 1

German Deli iMBiSS - Dataran Ara Damansara

I had planned to visit this place out after I read it on The Star paper early this week. It's a German restaurant selling sausages and burgers mainly. The way they prepared and served the food was said is the same as in German. So what the heck, I thought why not? The place is located at D-G-31, Block D, No.31, Jalan PJU 1A/20B, Dataran Ara Damansara. The owner is a German guy who migrated over to M'sia few years back and married a local Malay. So he's converted to Muslim. So obviously the place served HALAL food.

The decoration of the place looks like a fast food restaurant but it's not. There's menu on the counter and also on the table. So they will come over and take your order once you're ready. Or you can go to the counter to order for take away. They are strongly promoting their Bratwurst - original German sausage which they mentioned was all manufactured by themselves. They offers 10 types of sausages like Wigg's Thuringer and Garlic Chive Griller to name a few. They also served hot sandwiches like their famous Smoke Beef & Egg Omelet and Big-Biss Meatloaf. Cold sandwiches range from Gourmet iMBiS, Smoke Duck Breast and Russian Egg & Chicken. They also offers ala-carte like Grille Beef Steak and German Chicken.
I had ordered their Charbroiled Premium Burger - iMBiSS Hambuger Steak. It is served with 150grams of chopped beef in a soft bun, garnished with pickles Gherkin, onions and Special iMBiSS sauce. Well for me the bun is not that soft and the steak wasn't that warm too. Maybe they place over at the counter too long. The steak itself tasted quite OK and the sauce was nice. Portion wise, quite filling after you finishing the whole set. (RM 9.80) + (RM3.00 for french fries and drinks)I had helped Romiko to ordered their 'Jalapeno' Hamburger Steak. It's also served with 150 grams of chopped beef & sun dried Jalapeno Chilies in a soft bun, garnished with pickles Gherkin, lettuce, onions with Ranch dressing. I tastes both burger and to me it's almost the same except for the sauce. Don't really felt the Jalapeno chilies kicking in. But still it's just OK for me. (RM 9.80) + (RM3.00 for french fries and drinks)As we both ordered the set, so this is the French Fries which comes together with the set. But I still prefer the smaller fries like McD. The set also come together with a drink which we can choose from Ice Lemon Tea, Ice Peach Tea, Carbonated Drinks. It's not to say fancy but something different from the normal chicken or beef burger. But I still go back for McD anytime of the day. I will definitely try their sausages on my next trip over. (Rating : 3.5 out of 5.0)

11 Octopus:

Anonymous said...

My hubby and I had our lunch there yesterday 4/11/08. I was horrified! The sausages were rubbery and chewy not what REAL deli sausages should taste like. To say the food there was a major disappointment would be an understatement.

I had the lamb chorizo which looked and tasted NOTHING like chorizo at all. My hub had the spicy beef; tasted like burnt rubber. I’m sorry for writing such nasty stuff about the food but I hate to be given the impression that this place serves good quality german sausages BUT they don’t. Honestly you can get better sausages from the COLD STORAGE.

BaBy OcTopUs said...

Thanx for the feedback. A feedback could be good and could be bad. If they're in the food industry they should prepared to be critisize.

anyway, I do agreed that the place was OVER-RATED by some local papers. Their sausages do taste a bit stale and rubbery.

If you ask me, I choose McD anytime of the day.

LazerJuan said...

Stale...well that is a bit too much

Rubbery...I couldn't agree more

Tasty...emmm I don't think so..Cold Storage's gourmet sausages and even some of the locally made sausages DO TASTE BETTER!!!!!

A Con Job (Bullshit Joint)....I AGREE!!!!!!!!

BaBy OcTopUs said...

Atleast they did a pretty good job of conning us .. haha! A one time visit definitely~!

Anonymous said...

german deli supplies their product to cold storage dowhh

BaBy OcTopUs said...

well supplying and preparing are two different thing .. hehe!

Anonymous said...

I just read Boo's (Masak-Masak)comments about the food here. It seems she wasn't impressed with the sausages too!

BaBy OcTopUs said...

Seemed like the feedback from this place isn't that good at all. Maybe when the just started the business the quality of the food is better.

Anonymous said...

well its intersting to read how people that do not even have sausages in their daily staple nor in their food culture rate things great - and well local sausages to use as comparisson - would be better to find out first what the local sausges contain : MDM soja or potato starch - bon apetit

Anonymous said...

For burgers i choose germen deli over McD anyday... McD burgers are even more overrated than germen deli. what kind of a retard prefers McD's burgers germen deli. McD's waaayyy overpriced...

Babynme said...

I've tried the restaurant too when it was first opened. Not impressed at all with the food and at the same time, I think it is way over priced. Anyway, the restaurant is closed already. Definitely not missing it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails