Powered by Blogger

Monday, October 6

Restaurant Ah Wa Vs. Damansara Hokkien Mee

There are two very special or some might called famous Hokkien Noodle restaurant in PJ area. For those who are as crazy as I am with Hokkien Noodle, should know these two places. The first is called Restaurant Ah Wa, which is located along Jalan 223. The restaurant is so famous that some of my friends came down from Klang just to taste it. The place is always packed with visitors around dinner time. As usual, their Hokkien Noodle is black and thick, just the way I like it. Like I always said, if it's not black, it's not Hokkien Noodle to me. I don't think that they are using charcoal to cook this but it's close to the real one. Fried lard is a must for me in my Hokkien Noodle. I think some of you out there do agree with me on this. What is Hokkien Noodle without fried lard? The more the merrier. lol~! Other then that, they have the usual vegetables and prawns. (Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0)
The other restaurant that I am referring to is called Damansara Famous Hokkien Mee. Yes, the name really do says it all. It's located at Damansara Uptown. Same row as Public Bank and behind Daroos. They do served other dishes like fried rice, Cantonese Noodles and Steamed Yee Mee. There is a stall next to it selling Peiking Duck which is really good too. So you can always mix this two together, which I always do.
The Hokkien Noodle at this restaurant is also black but not that thick. They prepared a whole big wok of it and divided it up to smaller portions. Not that appetizing if you are looking at it, but all places do that. The sad part bout this place is that, you need to pay extra if you wanted extra fried lard. What the hell~!!! But I was quite disappointed that their Hokkien Noodle do taste a bit salty sometimes (too much soya sauce??). Maybe due to the mass production during cooking. But you can see a lot of people sitting outside the stall during dinner hour. (Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0)

6 Octopus:

Anonymous said...

i prefer Ah Wa, keke..

BaBy OcTopUs said...

Yes, after my dinner @ Damansara yday nite, AhWa way better. lol~!

Since they also have other food (i.e stingray fish n lobak) to offer overthere.

Anonymous said...

stingray fish damn expensive, keep on increasing the price..

BaBy OcTopUs said...

petrol increase they also increase. now petrol decrease but they just maintain. kns one la~ haha!!!

Anonymous said...

with the price increasing so much, it's not worth to makan the stingrayfish...

BaBy OcTopUs said...

is it? well can still makan the Lobak then .. : )

Related Posts with Thumbnails