Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, January 14

Restaurant Soo Kee

This place was recommended by one of my friend. And she had just happened to just post a blog on this place last week. So when I saw the place served good Char Siew and from her recommendation, I wouldn't miss this for the world (OK, a bit too dramatic). The place is located along Jalan Ampang. It's opposite Kerrys for those whose familiar with the area. But it's being block by the flyover bridge coming down from Cheras side. You can park your car at the back of the restaurant or at the end but some people park outside the restaurant which I felt was a bit dangerous.

Let's get into the main dish which was the Siew Yuk. I had ordered half lean half fat and end portion of the pork. That's where the juicy sweet portion is. The pork really melts in your mouth. I am not kidding you. When I read bout this I was quite sceptical but it's true. Something different from what I had before. But I like my pork with a bit of texture where I can really sink my teeth into it and chew on it. Taste was a just nice but I prefer mine more sweeter.

This is the Siew Yuk which I ordered together with the Char Siew. It's also half lean half fat and tasted quite nice. Although the top layer is not to the extend of crunchy level, but it's still juicy and nice. It's felt a bit like something from my hometown. Something different from what I had in the city.

Other than both the above dishes, they also served chicken and duck. But since I was alone, it's quite odd for me to order all four. So what's my verdict? Well this is definitely something above average Char Siew on par with Meng Kei but I still preferred my Tian Hong anytime of the day. The restaurant closes every Monday. So what's the damage? Well similar to the above mentioned places, it's RM8.30 inclusive of one herbal tea. If you're some where around Ampang, do drop by and have a try. (Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0)

4 Octopus:

Precious Pea said...

If i know you earlier, i surely pass of my failed char siu to you to munch...hehehe..munch until jaw-ache.

Hehehe..am drooling la......

BaBy OcTopUs said...

Aiya no problem la~ I am aiming for something lower first like your self claimed award winning Siew Yuk. So when wanna share your dish? hehe!!

drool drool~!!!

aleximon said...

ai yor....cut it down.....

BaBy OcTopUs said...

Char Siew wor .. how to cut down. Beh Tahan la .. you see those juicy pork ... so shiny ~!!! Must eat one la!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails