Powered by Blogger

Monday, May 4

Lorong Selamat @ Penang Island

This is the first location of my makan trip up North, the infamous Lorong Selamat. This place was so commercial that you can see everyone selling Char Kuey Teow in Klang Valley would say that they come from Lorong Selamat. So I was really excited to try this one out.

When we arrive, the place was totally pack with patrons. But we managed to secure a table for 9 of us at the back of the restaurant.

Heard that the ABC is a must order so I walk over and look at what they had to offer. Well it's the standard ABC we have over here with a scoop of ice cream on top.

ABC a.k.a air batu campur with everything and a scoop of ice cream on top. I am not sure if I am really that hungry or it was that good but I managed to finished off the bowl before the Char Keuy Teow arrive.

For appetizer, we had ordered one of the local delicacy, Penang Lobak. It looks so delicious and I am so into Lobak even before I come over to Penang. So this is definitely one of the must order for me during this trip. Freshly fried and not too over fried. Meat still juicy and the sauce was just nice.

For the main dish, I had ordered the Char Kuey Teow from this uncle with the sunglasses. They are the only stall around which offer me Char Kuey Teow in this restaurant. So it's him or asam laksa for me.

So here's the infamous Lorong Selamat Char Kuey Teow that I heard so much about. Big juicy prawns (3 of them) with fried lards and bean sprout. But no banana leave at the bottom? Taste was really over rated for me. I had better in KL. And it's not cheap too. One plate of this cost RM6.

0 Octopus:

Related Posts with Thumbnails