Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, November 14

Kafe Maroon - Aman Suria

It was Wednesday and I am looking for a place for lunch yet again. I have an appointment at Sunway Mas Commercial Centre after lunch hour and Kafe Maroon suddenly pop onto my head. The place served Indian, Western and Local Cuisine. But the thing that caught my appetite are their Authentic Indian Cuisine which from the Northern and also Southern part of India. Well it’s just another D’ Kayu you might say but it’s really not. They served Indian Cuisine Starter like Spicy Cheesy Bread (Maroon’s version of Brushetta, toasted bread topped with spicy chicken and layered with cheeese), Masala Papad (fried papad with tomato cucumber and spices), Paneer Stick (deep fried cottage cheese) and Soup of the day (which is their mushroom soup).
They served rice like Pulau Rice, Peas Rice and also Plain Briyani. For bread they served Plain Naan, Butter Naan, Garlic Naan<>and also Stuffed Vegetable Parata (naan stuffed with vege).

OK, let’s go into the main menu. For Northern Indian Curries, they served Palak Paneer (creamy spinach with cottage cheese), Dhal, Aloo Gobi Masala, Paneer Makkan Wala (cottage cheese in creemy sauce, which I highly recommend), Malai Kofta and lots more.
For Southern Indian Curries, they served Chicken Varuval, Mutton Cukka, Fish Curry, Prawn Masala, Crab Masala, Chicken 65 (fried tender boneless chicken), Mutton Masala, Crab Pittu and the lists just goes on.
I won’t go into Western and Local Cuisine that much as it’s just extra entries onto their menu. But to satisfy your curiosity, they do served Stuffed Mushroom (fresh mushroom stuffed with creamed beef bacon), Mix Salad, Caesar Salad, Bolognese/Cabonara Classic, Mixed Seafood Pasta, Steaks & Lambs, Chicken & Fish, Sandwiches and Snacks. They do served plain parata, egg/onion parata, cheese parata, chapati and lots more la. OK, what I ordered you ask? I go for the set lunch which is their Nasi Briyani Set and Chicken Tandoori Naan Set. For the Briyani, there is one drumstick and salad and small portion of sambal. It’s was OK but not that filling. But than again I got the mushroom soup which tasted really nice. It is served with one loaf of garlic bread. The mushroom is minced too small tiny sizes which u can’t bite but u knw it’s there as the scent was really strong. For the garlic naan, they FOC me some dhal. (RM15.90)The Tandoori came first than my briyani. The Tandoori Naan was really large in size. The tandoori was fresh roasted or how u might call it. The naan was plain but still it’s soft and smells nice. Not those that we ate outside our mamak stalls. haha~ They gave us two curries for the set which consists of dhal and also palak paneer (which tasted really nice if I may add). (RM 12.90)I also ordered their Soup of the day which is mushroom soup and also Garlic Naan. The sets comes with a bottomless Ice Lemon Tea/Coke/Pepsi and also single scoup of ice cream for desert. Before the food arrived they served Papadam for us to eat. Than came the ice lemon teas. As I ased for extra curries. The garlic naan was fresh and a lot of garlic if I might say. (RM 7.00)
Later on they served us the ice cream which can I can choose between Choc or Strawberry. I choose choc and it was really nice. Not those normal Nestle ice cream that we buy from hypermarket la .. haha~ , (which is really worth it with the bottomless drinks and desert),

So the whole lunch cost me around RM 45.00. Quite worth it I may say from the food and also service and environment of the place. It’s quite and they even have wireless in their kafe.

Their address is G-G-22, Jln PJU 1/45, Aman Suria.

0 Octopus:

Related Posts with Thumbnails