Powered by Blogger

Saturday, September 6

Dong Yi Shin Oriental Restaurant - USJ Summit

I had saw this place on numerous occasions but didn't have the chance to patronize it. Last night was my lucky day as I am having a gathering there with my ex-colleagues. So I had decided to recommend the place to them to try it out.
So we decided to ordered each a meal plus additional main dishes to share. I had ordered their Hong Kong Seafood Fried Rice. It tasted just plain normal. Maybe it's because the lack of pork in the meal. Yes, it's a Halal restaurant owned by Chinese. Need to add a lot of chillies paste in it to finish. (RM7.00)Hor had ordered the Special Fried Rice with Dried Shrimp. Basically it's just normal fried rice with overcooked shrimp. Not that good either. (RM7.00)Celine had ordered their XinJiang Fried La Mee with Chicken. The noodle was nice and bouncy. Well that is all that I could say bout the dish anyway. Plain simple dish with a lot of mix shredded chicken and vegetables. (RM8.00)
Calvin had ordered their SzeChuan Spicy Chicken La Mee. Well it's not spicy at all and secondly the soup tasted a bit plain too. I am not sure cause we had too high standards of eating or it's just plain dull. (RM8.80)Mei Wan had ordered their Shanghai Seafood Fried Udon. Damn it's really like mee goreng basah with hokkien noodle. The prawns are those that we saw in mamak stalls which the shell are still intact. This is not nice at all. (RM8.80)
Ok, now the side dishes. First we had the Dong Yi Shun special vegetable dish. This might be the best dish we had for the whole night. As you can see, it's a mixture of numerous type of vegetables plus mushrooms. But it tasted nice. Pray the lord~! (RM12.00)Next was the Ma Po Tafu. It's basically is spicy cooked chicken mix with tafu. I had ordered them to make it extra spicy and their definition of extra spicy was to add in more cili padi. Damn~! But still it's not bad. (RM8.00)
Next was the Crispy Lamb. Well like the name said, it's fried crispy lamb. Actually it's not bad at all. The lamb was quite soft and tender. But the real dish was quite different from the picture I saw in the menu though. (RM18.00)
Last but not least, we have the Xio Long Bao. But overhere they served 6 pcs and also 9 pcs compared to the 5 pcs that we had in Dragon I or Master Loong. Wasn't that juicy and not much soup inside. Dragon I still the best. (RM9.80)
We had ordered a pot of Pu Er to share while trying to finished off the whole table of food. At the end, we managed to finished off the side dishes but left over some of our own noodles or rice. Overall I could say the place was over rated by some magazines and TVs. I believe Chinese meal without pork is most probably a No No for me. Will I be back? Well if someone buying me lunch, I might think about it. (Rating: 3.5 out of 5.0)

2 Octopus:

Anonymous said...

hmmm.... maybe yes but me nope,was there once at 2008 christmas eve but too bad ,no taste and dirty found a baby lipas in the ramen....sorry no more 2nd time

BaBy OcTopUs said...

like i said, if some one if buying me lunch. will consider only. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails