Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, December 24

A.T Seafoof Bak Kut Teh Restaurant

We heard a lot of Bak Kut Teh in our time, but seafood BKT was new for me. MD had recommended the place to me not long ago. So finally we had decided to try this place out today. The name of the restaurant is A.T Seafood Bak Kut Teh Restaurant. Like the name says, it's famous for their seafood BKT. And it's not the normal fish ball and paste added into the BKT but more.
We had ordered Pu Er for our drink. Yes, I am a Pu Er type of guy. Can't eat my BKT without a good cup of Pu Er.

For starter I had ordered a Dry Bak Kut Teh which I really like. From my previous posts, you should know that I prefer dry than wet. So this, I must try. And it doesn't disappoint me Well at least it's up to what I expect from a big restaurant like this. But not as good as Yap Chuan at Sentosa though. But still a good dry BKT. But a bit little on the portion and too much MSG or some sort powdery stuff on it.

So here comes the main dish. The seafood BKT. It consists of Sea Cucumber (RM10/100g), White Promfret (market price), Prawns (market price), Lala (RM10/set) and Fish ball (RM5/set). We asked for the soup to be spicy and they had added garlics and also dried chillies inside. The taste was really different from the normal BKT soup I'd tried before. It's thick with a mixture of seafood flavour and a tit of spice too. The portion was really large for both of us. But we managed to finished it except the fish balls. Abalone (RM38/each) are available if you wanted to add in.

The place is partition to two, air condition and non. Spacious and bright. Service is good and fast. Table is clean and also neat. Maybe it's during lunch time and not that busy so the service is better? But the place was half full when we arrived. Business was quite good I may add. You won't believe what is the damage for the lunch. My most expensive BKT meal to date, RM 85 inclusive of drinks (RM5/pack). Yup, our eyes rolled when we saw the bill. It's the sea cucumber I think. But it was really a full meal. Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0

0 Octopus:

Related Posts with Thumbnails