Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, November 18

Duck King

An old friend had invited me for lunch today. She told me that there's this place called Duck King. OMG~! A place pro-claimed themselves duck king. This I had to see and try. The place is located inside Jaya One. Just park in the basement go to Ground floor. It's behind Starbucks. You can't miss it. I was quite surprised with the whole place as there were so many restaurants to try out.

OK, now back to the main dish. Like the name says, the place served duck but not just duck but also Hong King Dim Sum, Noodles & Porridge and full varieties of Chinese cuisine. Their menu is damn big and one thing caught my eye at the bottom of the menu. It's written, "This Menu Cost RM1500++". WTH!! I am not sure it's the menu cost or the total cost of the dishes in the menu.
Since my friend, Tania had tried out the place before so I let her decide what to ordered. For the main dish we had ordered 1/4 portion of Roasted Duck. Well the duck was nice and juicy as it should be. Skin is crispy and sweet. Not bad at all.She recommended the Grilled Squid with Butter and Salt. I like my squid deep fried but grilled is alright with me. The portion was quite large for two of us. Taste is salty but nice. Duh!We had also go for the waitress recommendation of their house specialty vegetable. It's organic and it's very special as I haven't tried this vegetable before. She told me the name but I don't really remembered and heard it before. It's not in the menu but most importantly it tasted really nice.As for the rice they have four type to choose from. Plain, Oily, Minced Pork and Pork Oil. All are steamed in a pot of rice so the fragrance of the pork sips into the rice and it's quite nice if you really like pork.

The place was already packed when we arrived around noon. You need to have reservation if you wanted to sit inside. Even during dinner the place is packed needless to say weekends. They do served their specialty Peking Duck, Shark Fin, Geoduck, whole lot of fresh ocean fishes and also dim sums. There is this dish called Barbeque Meat Five Combination which I would like to try out on my next trip. The whole lunch cost both of us RM87 inclusive of a pot of tea. Tummy was full before I could finished off the rice. A very satisfied customer if I would add. Most definitely coming back with my family on one of the weekends. (Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0)

8-G, Block M, Jaya One,
No.72A, Jalan Universiti,
46200 Petaling Jaya,
Selangor Darul Ehsan.
Tel: 603 7957 9819

0 Octopus:

Related Posts with Thumbnails