Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, December 24

Bavarian Bierhaus German Restaurant

It has been awhile since my last visit to a German restaurant. I think it was last year during one of my friend's birthday. Well anyway, I heard that the restaurant which I am going tonight is quite good. So I had recommended to Romiko's friend who initially wanted to go somewhere else.

So once I browse their menu I saw some German beer but I am not a beer kind of fella so I skip that section and went to order some fresh juice. One of the friend ordered half a litre of Pauliner Salvator and Nature but it was really not he expected. It was really bad and not what we had before. So for us the beer was no good over here.

I had recommended for all of us to share as the portion was quite large from my visit to the other outlets. So for starter we had ordered two sets of their Barbecued baby pork rib with dried plum barbecue sauce. It is served with Brussels sprout in beer and mash potato at the bottom. It was really nice and juicy. The sauce was really appetizing too. Not a bad choice I may add.

Next I had ordered for myself a set of their Bavarian sausage sampler. This consists of all their sausages like bratwurst, Hungarian, chorizo, thuringer, emmenthaler and nuerenberger served with homemade hot German potato salad and garlic mayo. This is a must order if you come over as German are famous for their sausages and also pork. Highly recommended.

Last but not least we had ordered their Bratwurst or German garlic sausage with sauerkraut sauce and mashed potato. It's OK but mine was better. This is just for light eating which suitable for 1 to 2 pax.

All together it was a good dinner or is it supper? As it was 10pm when we ordered. Service was really not to par as the waiter was really bad and communication was difficulty at some point. The beer was bad even for the second. But the food at least make up some part of the place. Not bad for pork lovers. There are some set lunch too if you have some lunch appointment. The total damage for the night amounted to RM430. Was it worth it? Well it's a pre-x'mas dinner so it's OK with me. And I got a present too. Sweet~! Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0

Lot No G66, Ground Floor,
The Curve

6 Octopus:

Anonymous said...

hmmm, salvator is something heavy alcohol, don't suit with the thing you eat, weissbier nature white should be good, maybe don't get the draught, get the bottle... the taste is nicer, the draught sometimes they kept too long, and the taste run off...cheers!!

BaBy OcTopUs said...

we ordered both the salvator and also nature. Well we ordered nature first and it's very plain like it's been kept for so long. Salvator was a bit sweet to the extend that it doesn't felt like it's a German beer.

Yes, we had ordered bottle rather than draught but they already poured it out to the glass. So not sure if it's really from a bottle or not.

But hey, thanx for the advice Kenny.

Anonymous said...

Wow.. RM430, expensive ler! How many of you? The foods look yummy!! Where is it located?

BaBy OcTopUs said...

LP: RM430 for 8 pax. Cause the bottle of beer already cost RM29/bottle. The baby ribs is RM56. Sampler is RM68. The juices cost around RM10-12/glass.

It's just next to Marche behind TGI.

Anonymous said...

haih....I cant take beef, if eat chicken at steak house...waste ler

BaBy OcTopUs said...

true ~ steak house you would prefer to order beef or lamb or pork if they have. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails