Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, July 23

Kedai Kopi Tian Hong - Salak South Garden

This is definitely the best Char Siew in whole Klang Valley. Well at least there are a few avid food lover agreed with me on this. The place which I am referring to, is called Kedai Kopi Tian Hong. I had tried out most of the good stalls in the market, but this stall still comes out No.1 in my book. Actually I had visited this place numerous times, but I had decided to bring along MD as we're heading some where around that area. It's located at Taman Salak Selatan, Jalan Tunku 2 (opposite 7-11). So what makes a good Char Siew? Well for me it's definitely the texture of it. The pork must be soft and juicy. So I had ordered their half skinny half fat portion. This is the best way to eat Char Siew in my dictionary. If you like the extra crispy over cooked portion, then you can ordered the end part of the pork. It's not really good for your health but once in a while it's OK. So when MD got his first bite of the Char Siew, he had agreed with me that this is definitely the best he had so far. We had ordered the pork and rice separately (recommended) so the portion is larger. The price is RM 7.50/head. Expensive? Well for me it's well worth my money because of the portion and also the taste. The sauce which they brushed onto the pork is very important too. For this stall, they had used a lot of honey on it. Hence, the sweet taste on the Char Siew. You can just take their gravy and pour it onto your rice and eat it just like that. The sauce is really that nice. So combining both good Char Siew and gravy sauce, you got one hell of a good combination. There's a lot of stalls which offer good pork but poor sauce or vice verse, but this place offers the best combination of both.

So if you're looking for good Char Siew to eat this weekend, remember to be there after 1pm and before 2pm. As their Char Siew will only be ready around 1pm or slightly earlier. You can see a lot of people waiting for the Char Siew to be ready, when there is a lot of Siew Yuk and Siew Chicken hanging there. (Rating: 4.8 out of 5.0)

9 Octopus:

Anonymous said...

I truly think that You SHOULD have a session specially for "Char Siew"... So many Char Siew post ! :)

Anonymous said...

2 of them are " char siew" fans

BaBy OcTopUs said...

Aiya~ M'sia famous for their Char Siew ma .. I only write those with good food. But this one you truly need to try it out.

I might travel down Changkat Tong Shin to try Meng Kei. It's said to be one of the best too. Hmm....yummy!!!

Anonymous said...

very far for me lah, pls tabau we eat at FF

Anonymous said...

itz da BEST ever char siew tat i ever makan!! two thumbs up!! super " hor chiak "

BaBy OcTopUs said...

Good~! This will make them more wanted to eat this .. haha!!!

But really one hell of a Char Siew la .. In cantonese we called it "Sui Ching Char Siew" ... dun ask me why. I also dunno. haha!!

Anonymous said...

but too far away if u purposely go makan.

Anonymous said...

tats y i ask 2 of you tabao mah....

BaBy OcTopUs said...

I tried to Tabao b4 la .. it's still tasted OK la but not too long lo ... cause it's HOT and JUICY ... so if it's too long then it's COLD and DRY already .. Yuk~!

Related Posts with Thumbnails