Powered by Blogger

Saturday, June 28

Bruno's Restaurant & Bar - Jaya 33

I had saw this place from Ho Chiak! last weekend and decided to take a trip down this weekend. So I had saved up my stomach for the whole day for this meal. Saw their famous Roast Pork Loin (Iberian Pork). So I had asked LP out and she was quite excited as I was (i think). So I picked her up from Subang and off we (me, Romiko and LP) to Jaya 33. We arrived around 7.00pm and there were already quite a number of people in the restaurant. As we didn't make any reservation (and I thought I wouldn't need to), we have only two spot to choose. We had choose the one near to the entrance as it was really cold on the other one.
Romiko had ordered their Hot Earl Grey. Looks nice and decent. And of course, it's refillable. (Price: RM8.00) LP had ordered their Ice Lemon Tea. According to her, it's a bit weird in the beginning but tasted better at the end. (Price: RM10.00) I had ordered the same drink but they forgot mine. So I ordered Ice Chocolate. Which looks like Death By Ice Chocolate from Ms. Read and tasted like mamak's Ice Milo. But it's actually not bad at all. (RM10.00)So for the Entree, I had ordered the Fried Iberian Pork Belly. The unique thing about Bruno’s, is their Iberian pork. The black Iberian Pig are allowed to roam in the oak forest and raised with a diet of grass, herbs, acorns, and roots. A few months before slaughtering, the animal is fed only acorns. As a result, higher level of oleic acid is found in the meat, which is supposed to be a good thing that lowers your bad cholesterol (LDL) while increasing the good HDL. (source from kyspeaks). (Price: RM30 for the Pork Belly).

I was looking forward to taste their famous Roast Pork Loin which is stuffed with caramelised onions, chestnuts and diced sausages. It is served in garlic mash, fresh vegetables and cranberry dressing. But they were out of stock on the Iberian Pig. Sux~!Since I am helping us all to order, and when I saw Cabonara was in the menu, I won't miss the chance to order it. Their Classic Cabonara is served with Ham and Fresh Egg. It's definitely different from the one that I had before. It's thick and creamy but not in the sense of cheese and cream. They had added some chilly spices and also fresh egg on top of the pasta. My first time seeing a fresh egg on my pasta. But we mix it around and the taste was really good. Really need to try this out. Highly recommended. (RM24.00) Spanish cuisine without pork? How can I do that. So I had ordered their Grilled Pork Chop. The pork chop is tenderised, grilled and roasted in the oven with apples, mustard and bitter vinegar sauce. It is served with roasted baby potatoes and vegetable. The gravy or sauce is definitely a match with the pork chop. The pork chop was so tender too. Not over-cooked or too raw. Just nice. (RM38.00)We have pork so we must have lamb too. So I had ordered their Rack of Lamb. The dish was served with Caesar potatoes (tasty) and fresh vegetables. The white sauce that you see on top is mint yogurt. This is one hell of a dish. The meat was so tender and the lamb is grilled to perfection. It is medium raw so you can still see a lil' bit of red in the meat. When you put it into your mouth you can still taste a bit of over grilled taste mix with the mint yogurt. Just nice : ) (RM45.00)At this point, we're all quite full from all the meat that we had just ate. But the waitress came over and asked if we needed something else. I remembered that they are famous for one of their dessert, which is called Valrhona Chocolate Lava Cake with fruit compote and ice cream. My gosh~! It was really a sinful dish~! So rich on chocolate. Saw the muffin? It's hot and filled with dark chocolate and the whole plate will be filled with hot creamy chocolate once you had cut the muffin up. Mixing it together with the ice cold ice cream and strawberry, superb~! (RM20.00)


They mixed up the bill and charged me for a Lamb Cuttery for RM80.00 (which surprisingly this meal was not mentioned in the menu at all) but they did apologized and send my the revised bill. Other than this, the whole night was perfect. The service was good, the food was perfect, the ambiance was nice and the music was even soothing. Definitely returning for a second round. (Rating: 4.5 out of 5.0)

PS: an extra 0.5 rating for the extra good service : )

13 Octopus:

Anonymous said...

sad.....tak ajak !!!!!

BaBy OcTopUs said...

aiyo Tai Ko, you were so FAR la. I also Pai Seh to ask u come out and eat. Some more I haven't tried the place yet. If no good than I lagi Pai Seh la. hehe~!

Anonymous said...

hahaha...its ok lah, coz its heavy food ...im on diet now...

BaBy OcTopUs said...

but each time I go makan also heavy food also one wor .. hehe!!! :P

Anonymous said...

KNS, why i left out???

Anonymous said...

BO, that why now u seldom look slim...lolz

MD, 2 of us know where we stand liao !!!!!

Anonymous said...

but the worst is, he disnt ajak BQ, maybe BQ invisible that time....wakaka

Anonymous said...

KNS MD & CP

MD, who's the one said he wanna go sembahyang instead of dinner with us?

CP: BQ rejected to go cause she claimed herself looks like "Monkey Butt" after the facial la.

Anonymous said...

LP, nvm lar, boh sim ppl is like tat one!! haha!!

BaBy OcTopUs said...

TQ LP for clearing the "air"

CP: no need to say "lei kan" MD and my frenship la. MD won't think like that one. haha!!!

BQ face macam buntut monyet ~! that i got to see. haha!!!

BaBy OcTopUs said...

MD: haha~! nvm la~ just now I "po sou" already wit u~! kekeke!!!

Anonymous said...

wah..kns, eat curry mee & pork noodle nia ler..haha!! nvm, tis wed we go eat buffet!!

BaBy OcTopUs said...

but it is a damn good curry mee ler. I also forgot to blog in here already .. haha!!

yeah~ we go Italianies eat buffet .... sweet~!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails