Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 10

Weekend Back Home in Mentakab

So what did I do last weekend? Well I went back to my hometown in Mentakab with the whole family (Romiko, Robin, SIL and Chloe). Arrived around noon and thought of giving a short tour to Romiko on my hometown and checking out some of the local favourites. So off we go cruising the passed the main street of Jalan Temerloh to my Primary School to the basket ball court which I spent most of my teenage years playing. Since it's noon, so I thought to bring Romiko to this place called Restaurant Lean Kee. It's a famous local restaurant selling noodles. They are famous for their Hokkien Mee, Cantonese Mee and Wat Tan Hor. The restaurant had been in the town before I was born. Yes~! It was that long. I would definitely stop by to eat my favourite Hokkien Mee each time I am back. (Rating: 3.8 out of 5.0)After a filling lunch, what is the best way to cleanse the thirst from the hot sunny day but a bowl of Cendol. So the next destination is Restaurant Syed. It's famous for their varieties of Cendol and ABC. The owner started off from a small stall in the morning market to a big corner restaurant nowdays. So hard work do paid off. I had ordered their ABC Pulut while Romiko had their Cendol Pulut. All of their Cendol cost RM1.50. (Rating: 3.0 out of 5.0)After dinner at home, I had promised my precious to bring her out for kai kai. So off we go to the night market. Before entering the market I had stop by a stall selling Tau Fu Fa. The stall had been in the market for as long as I could remember it. From the father to the son to the daughter in law. And still the quality of the drink is still there. Could see a lot of people selling durians on the side of the road too. But couldn't eat as I had sore throat and I had too much durian already. Sigh~! Continued down the night market and saw a lot of interesting stuff on sale. Bought a Hello Kitty car sticker for my dear. Wanna get a Kaya Pao from one of the stall but they are out of it. Sux~! It's the best Pao stall in town. Then I saw this crowd around this last stall. It's selling this food called Chinese Burger. I never heard or saw this before (sorry if I am a bit Jakun~!) They had four type of flavour which are Minced Meat, Sambal, Chicken Flossed and Char Siew. My curiosity got a better of me, so I had bought their Sambal and Char Siew. It's basically one side Egg and the other side flour with the sambal/char siew in between. My verdict, tasteless. Really a waste of money (RM1.80/piece). (Rating: 2.0 out of 5.0)

Continued to walked to the other end of the market and decided to have a drink nearby. So where to drink but Old Town. LOL~! Like it's not enough that I spent so much time at this place over here in Subang with the gang that I need to visit them again in my hometown. Anyway, we stayed until 10pm and left for home. Tired and full from all the eating and drinking.

0 Octopus:

Related Posts with Thumbnails