Powered by Blogger

Sunday, October 5

Mamma Mia

I was quite skeptical when my friend told me that this film really that good. And when another friend said the same. Well why not go and judge it myself. Since I love Abba's song that much, no harm right? Damn I was blown away.

The story sets on a colorful Greek island (which I think is the best wedding location for me now). It tells the story of a girl played by Amanda Seyfried, who is getting married and wishes her real biological father to give her away on her wedding day. But there is three possible candidates. So what does a sane girl would do? Invite them all. LOL~!!! All hell broke loose when her mom played by Meryl Streep, found out bout the men of her pass is coming to the wedding. The three men consists of Stellan Skarsgard, Pierce Brosnan and Colin Firth (whom I think is the better singer among the men).

Imagine Hindustan movies with a lot of back up singers and also dancers at the back. Yes, this is the Western version. lol~! By my opinion, Meryl Streep can really sing an act very well and she portrays the character very convincingly. A must watch movie if you like the songs or if you are looking for something different this season. (Rating: 4.0 out of 5.0)


The Tracklist of the OST :-
01. Honey, Honey - Amanda Seyfried, Ashley Lilley & Rachel McDowall
02. Money, Money, Money - Meryl Streep, Julie Walters & Christine Baranski
03. Mamma Mia - Meryl Streep
04. Dancing Queen - Meryl Streep, Julie Walters & Christine Baranski
05. Our Last Summer - Colin Firth, Pierce Brosnan, Stellan Skarsgård, Amanda Seyfried & Meryl Streep
06. Lay All Your Love On Me - Dominic Cooper & Amanda Seyfried
07. Super Trouper - Meryl Streep, Julie Walters & Christine Baranski
08. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! - Amanda Seyfried, Ashley Lilley & Rachel McDowall
09. The Name of the Game - Amanda Seyfried & Stellan Skarsgård
10. Voulez-Vous - Full Cast, Philip Michael, Christine Baranski, Julie Walters & Stellan Skarsgård
11. SOS - Pierce Brosnan & Meryl Streep
12. Does Your Mother Know - Christine Baranski & Philip Michael
13. Slipping Through My Fingers - Meryl Streep & Amanda Seyfried
14. The Winner Takes It All - Meryl Streep
15. When All Is Said And Done - Pierce Brosnan & Meryl Streep
16. Take a Chance on Me - Julie Walters & Stellan Skarsgård
17. I Have a Dream - Amanda Seyfried

8 Octopus:

Swee said...

I told ya was GOOD! the movie!

BaBy OcTopUs said...

Yeah~ I know I know ~ I put ur credit in my blog didn't I? haha~!

Anonymous said...

can't wait to haf karaoke session at the cinema... :p

LGM

BaBy OcTopUs said...

kakaka~ i tot u went over to watched it just now~

Anonymous said...

mana ada... hiyoh....

i was in gym nearly d whole day wasn't i???

ok mebbe for a short break jz killing time in between...

BaBy OcTopUs said...

So remember to practice at home and bring the lyrics over .. well the lyrics is the subtitles anyway, so throw the lyrics and just sing with all your might~! haha!!!

Anonymous said...

lolx.....

LGM

BaBy OcTopUs said...

If a lot of people looking at you cause you were singing aloud, just say, "nvm la, I am TAIKO ma~" haha~!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails