Powered by Blogger

Saturday, November 22

Right or Wrong?

Have you ever did something RIGHT and still felt GUILTY about it later? Well I got this feeling not long ago. It's always difficult to determine what is RIGHT and NOT. What is RIGHT to us might not always be the case for others. So do we make a decision based on self interest or the whole BIG picture?

They say life full of decision and why do I felt guilty after making a decision. I looked at the whole scenario and made a wise decision (or so I thought) but some people still think that I did the wrong decision. When I said people, I do mean people who meant something to me and not any tom, dick or harry. They always seemed to have a better ideas or opinions (according to them). So do I have to pleased everyone? Do I listened? Do I follow? Do I even care? I think I should, well to some extent, but is there any guide lines? I don't think they came out with a dummy guide book for this matter right?

Sometimes I wanted to just shut my ears and don't listen and not letting other people's words get to me. But I am those people who got effected easily by other people's view or opinion about me. I tend to go through my life as simple as possible and always looking at the bright side of each event. I am those people who can always turn a bad situation good by looking at the bright side. I know it's quite contradicting with my previous statement. But that is me. I may looked complicated but I am simple to some, but to others I might looked simple but inside I am very complicated. LOL!!! Hard to describe me, well maybe those who knows me, can describe me better.

3 Octopus:

Swee said...

Hm.. I supposed everyone has their own set of rules deep in their heart. And as you said, those that influence you are people close or important to you, so naturally their opinions do count.

As we grow older, we tends to realize that there is not only Black and White, there is also Grey. Nothing is completely wrong, not even the worst investment that caused you losses in money. A fall at one part of our life might bring us something good in another part of the life. It depends how you look at it.

Of cause if we are talking about specifically works/investment decision, there might be better decision or better way of handling the issues; Hence we learn from our past decision to make a better one in the future. In a relationship, coming something that close to the heart, there is no Right or Wrong. =) No outsiders can tell you Right or Wrong..

As in whether or not to change our decision to please others will then depending which is more important. The people you wish to please, or the decision that you are making? IMO, human beings live in groups, we do not live alone. As we making a decision, we might need to take care of how is it impacting the people we love, or the friends we care, or the coll we working with. Nonetheless, at the end what is in the best interest of yourself, what is that you want is most important! A decision that reflect what you think is right and with a minimal uncomfortable impact to people that you care and love is indeed difficult to make.

Such a long comment, and i hope it make sense. =)

BaBy OcTopUs said...

when you told me it's long I didn't expect it's this LOOOONG. OK, here's my 2cents.

I agreed with, in life there's nothing as clear cut as RIGHT & WRONG. When we make a decision, it will always affect peoples around us. Some might gained from it, some might not. So who do we pleased? My friend once told me that we must be selfish in life. It's not a bad thing. It's just a way for us protecting ourselves and I am referring to relationship in this But in work, they always say that there is no ME but US. I agree but not totally. People tends to be selfish, it's our basic mechanism I guess.

As we grew, we tend to see things differently. We might not make the same decision that we make when we're 15 or 20 years old. I know we do look back sometimes of what we did and say, "OH! If only I could turn back time, I would ...." But for me, there is no point regretting as what decision we made in the past that made us what we are today.

This is what I learn in life. Whatever decision I made, as long as my conscious is OK with it, it's good for me and hell to what other people think. I know it's a bit selfish but it's life. Balance is important but there's no reference to that. And there is no benchmark too. So everyone's definition of balance is different. So I can't really take into account of each and other feeling that much. Bottom line is, best interest of myself.

OK, it's more like 10cents rather than my 2cents. haha!

Anonymous said...

what a load of craps. both of you.

Related Posts with Thumbnails