Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 27

Avatar The Movie


To be honest I am not a bit interested in this movie or even going to watch it after I watched the trailer few weeks back. To me it's a bit too fantasy to me. But after several of my friends watched it and told me that it was really good and some even said that it's even better than 2012. This I had to watch it myself and decide on my own. Some of my friends even recommended me to watch it on 3D. My last 3D movie would be G-Force and the last experience was good, so I thought this would be a great experience if the movie is as good as I heard. The movie is 2 hours and 45 minutes long but you don't really felt it's that long. That's what make it so good to watch. The director is none other than James Cameron who brought you Titanic. *spoiler read on*

The movie tells of a marine named Jake Sully (Sam Worthington) who lost his leg in an accident while is twin brother was killed during a robbery. He had nothing to loose when the company had asked him to participate in an experiment which supposedly planned for his dead brother. The task is to travel to a new planet called Pandora and infiltrate the colonial there called the Na'vi. Because of some valuable rock which the planet offers, the company wanted to harvest it but the main source of these rock are beneath Na'vi sacred tree or home. Jake's mind is transferred into one of the Na'vi and with the help of Dr. Grace (Sigourney Weaver), he managed to gained the trust of the Na'vi people. All thank to Neytiri (Zoe Saldana) who convinced his people that Jake is different. So the story tells how Jake started to learn the way of the Na'vi and becoming more like them rather than his own race. But he almost forgotten that he had a dead line to meet before the company launch the strike force to take down the big tree. At that moment, Jake is torn between betraying his own kind or the Na'vi who already accepted him as one of them.

So what is my opinion? Breathtaking graphics, superb story line and great directing and acting. Although there are no big names in the movie (except Sigourney Weaver), but the actors managed to portrayed the character they are playing so good. I love how the story starts off slow and gain momentum when Jake landed on the Pandora and slow it down during his encounter with Neytiri and back again during the great war. There is no time for me to take a yawn or my mind to stop. James Cameron know how to make grab on to your attention and but not too tight till you felt it's too annoying. I like it when the story is not dragging like some other long length movies. They know when to slow it down and when to cut it short. If I were Jake, I would also do what he did. He was a betrayal of mankind and outcast to the Na'vi during one point but he didn't gave up and kept on fighting which is really moving. Try to watch the movie in 3D if possible to enjoy the full experience of the movie. If you're not watching it in 3D, you're not watching the movie at all. (Rating: 4.5 out of 5.0)

0 Octopus:

Related Posts with Thumbnails