Powered by Blogger

Sunday, July 25

The Sorcerer's Apprentice


I am still deciding whether to watch this movie or not when MD called me up and invited me to watched it last night. Well, there goes my doubt. Before I know it, I am queuing up at the cinema already. I first saw the preview few months back and my first thought was, cool special effects. The movie tells of 3 apprentice of Merlin, the most powerful sorcerer in the world. They are Balthazar Blake (Nicholas Cage), Veronica (Monica Bellucci) and Maxim Horvath (Alfred Molina). Merlin was killed by Morgana le Fay (Alice Krige) as he's being betrayed by Maxim. Veronica sacrifice herself by trapping Morgana inside herself and Balthazar had no choice but to keep both of them inside a Grimhold. Maxim is too being jail in the Grimhold for a thousand years while Balthazar finds the Prime Merlinian, Merlin's successor. 

A thousand year pass, and the Prime Merlinian is a guy name Dave (Jay Baruchel) who is a Physic  freak. Dave accidently freed Maxim who later got a hold of the Grimhold and freeing the Morgana one by one until the last one. In the mean time, Balthazar decided to take Dave under his wing as his apprentice when he found out that the latter is the Prime Merlinian. Final showdown at Battery Park where all the sorcerers throw out all their cards and a good showdown took place. The movie is close to 2 hours and I didn't even realize it. I had fun watching the movie although it's not the best I watched but still worth the money and time. Jay Baruchel is funny as he is in She's Out of My League. Nicholas Cage acting is good as always and you can't go wrong with a Disney movie can we? Enjoy~ !(Rating: 4 out of 5)

0 Octopus:

Related Posts with Thumbnails