Finally the cat is out of the box. It's official that iPhone next generation phone is dubbed 4S rather than 5. This means that it's just an upgrade rather than a whole new design of the phone. Honestly I am a bit disappointed. I am really looking forward to the 4" display that we had been hearing for so long now. But people over at Cupertino. Their shares even drop 5% after this announcement during their Let's Talk iPhone event late yesterday (our time). Nevertheless, the new iPhone 4S do come with a lot of "upgrades". Here are some of them worth mentioning:-
- Dual-Core A5 Processor: It's the same processor that the current iPad 2 is using. Apple claimed that it's 2 times faster in performance and up to 7 times faster graphics as compared to it's predecessor, iPhone 4.
- 8-Mega Pixel Camera: Well, at least they got this right. I think the new iPhone should have at least an 8-megapixel camera since most of the smartphone in the market has it for so long. The camera also comes with a larger f/2.4 aperture. Other features like improved backside illumination sensor, auto white balance, advanced color accuracy, face detection and also reduced motion blur-ness.
- HD Video Recording: Now you will be able to record full HD 1080p videos on this baby. It also comes with anti shake reduction feature during recording.
- World Phone: It is also dubbed the world phone because it is able to work both GSM and also CDMA network. Apple claimed that they are the first manufacturer that come out with this feature as the phone will automatically switch to a better network between these two. In other word, better coverage.
- Faster Network Speed: The speed has been doubled to 14.4 Mbps on HSDPA.
- Improved Battery Life: Each time Apple comes out with a new phone, they made the machine more faster but at the same time better battery life. This is one of their key feature for me. Since it's pointless if you increase the performance on the battery expenses.
- SIRI: SIRI is the new personal assistance that everyone has been talking about since it was demoed online early this year. You can use SIRI to composed a mail, make a phone call, search online and even locate a place just using voice control.
Other than all that, the new iPhone 4S comes loaded with the new iOS 5 which come with more than 200 new features that we have been talking all this while. iPhone 4S is available in US for $199 for the 16GB, $299 for 32GB and $399 for the new 64GB capacity. As usual, US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Japan and Australia will be able to pre-order on the 7th October and will be launching one week after on the 14th Oct. Other countries like Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithunia, Luxemberg, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden and Switzerland will be on 28th Oct. The rest of the world would need to wait till the end of the year for it. Looking at the brighter side, I can re-use my current casing for the new iPhone 4S. Saved a lot of $$$.